Food photography sessions with Central 129 Coosa are always a pleasure, and this past photography session was no different — except — the chef doing the presentation was not the Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli III, but Chef de Cuisine “Tex” Randall Gresham, Jr.
Chef Leo believes in allowing his team to shine and giving them the opportunity to show their talent — this was Tex’s opportunity to do just that, and he did not disappoint. Tex is a very talented and highly self-motivated Chef who has made a positive contribution to the Central team.
Client: Central 129 Coosa
Location: Downtown, Montgomery, Alabama
Here is a sampling from the food photography shoot:
One of the greatest things about Central 129 Coosa is that the whole team, from hostess to serving staff, bartender to executive chef — everyone is contributing their most to make Central the number one restaurant in the River Region. Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli III, General Manager David Forbes, Marketing Director Ashley Jernigan — these are the team leaders, and in my opinion the very best of the best.
Below is the full list of menu items for the Winter 2015 menu.
- Aged Cheddar Pimento cheese, flatbread
- Crab Toast, west indies lump crab salad, roasted red pepper aioli, grilled bread
- White Bean Spread, caponata, extra virgin olive oil, crostini
- Pimento Cheese Croquettes, breaded and flash fried pimento cheese croquette, house hot pepper jelly
- Central Cheese board, house selection of regional cheese, apricot mostarda, elderflower honey, fresh bread
- Soup de jour
- Steakhouse Wedge, iceberg wedge, bacon, candied pecans, grapefruit, house blue cheese dressing
- Duck Confit and Frisee Salad, apple cider vinaigrette, beet pickled shallots
- Hearts of Romaine, marinated white anchovy, shaved parmesan, crostini, house caesar
- Flash Fried Calamari, julienne pepperoncini, oven dried tomatoes, garlic aioli
- Pork Jowl and cornbread, house cured pork jowl bacon, sweet corn bread, shallot jam, bourbon and cane syrup glaze
- Beer Steamed Mussels, chorizo, fennel, cherry tomatoes, local ale, grilled bread
- Woodfired Alabama Oyster Stew, heart of palm crema, parmesan cheese, crème fraîche, scallion
- Hereford NY Strip Steak and Frites, wood grilled 12oz NY Strip, house cut fries, demi-glace
- Grilled Quail, mustard glaze, crispy brussels sprouts, herb roasted fingerling potatoes in garlic confit
- Center Cut 8oz Hereford Filet- wood grilled 8oz center cut filet, herb roasted fingerling potatoes in garlic confit, bacon and pecan haricot vert, demi-glace
- Oven Roasted Chicken Roulade, country ham, aged cheddar, crispy haircot verts, red pepper cream sauce
- Whole Hickory Roasted Gulf Catch, chimichurri, wood roasted seasonal vegetables, market greens salad- mkt price/subject to availability
- Hickory Grilled Salmon, jumbo asparagus, tarragon grit cake, beurre rouge
- Bay Scallop and Farro Risotto, braised fennel, oven dried tomatoes, bacon dashi, crispy mushrooms
- Braised Rabbit Pappardelle, braised Alabama rabbit, pork jowl bacon, black cherry tomatoes, celery leaves
- Grilled Head-On Alabama Royal Red Shrimp, romesco, mint, purple potato bravas, preserved lemon dressed kale
- Winter Vegetable Cassoulet, woodfired root vegetables, cannellini beans, grilled radicchio, parmesan crumbs
- Hickory Roasted Crispy Duck Quarters, braised then crisped in a hickory wood oven, sweet potato and chorizo, bourbon and cane syrup reduction
Photography by Taste Buds Photography, a division of Carter Photography & Design — for information on food photography sessions by Taste Buds Photography, visit www.tastebudsphoto.com or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org